According to Psychologist, Shawn Achor positive thinking allows you to tap into your potential that was once clouded. Positive thinking increases energy, creativity and intelligence - When you view things positively, "your brain is 31% more productive."
How To Make Positivity a Way Life
1. Gratitude. Choose 3 small things that you are thankful for from the day. Replay them in your mind throughout the day so you don't forget about them.
2. Journal on one of the 3 things you are thankful for from the day.
3. Exercise. This is the physical component of the mix - training your body to tell your that behaviour matters.
4. Meditate to learn to focus on the task at hand, a contrast to a day of multi-tasking and splitting your attention.
5. Acts of kindness. Write one email at the beginning of the day to thank or praise someone from your support network.
Essentially, you will be creating new habits for yourself and soon your first reaction will be to scan out the positive in a given situation. Voila, you have just transformed your world.